Anyone have a Remin Accent kit Installed?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

Staff member
I came across this a while back and was thinking of ordering a kit for the i-MiEV. Does anyone have any experience with these kits?

http://www.carid.com/2012-mitsubishi-i-miev-wood-grain-dash-kits/remin-dash-kit-main-kit-21435156.html

Just a follow up..
Did any one try fitting this kit?
:D I must have been good this year as I was given the post xmas go ahead and ordered one today.
Really looking forward to making a (IMO) significant improvement to the look of the cars interior!

For Bluey I went with
Titanium Burl wood

titanium-burl-stbw.jpg

Thanks Don

This color is subtle but looks classy. :D

Most of the work is the preparation, Clean, Clean, Clean!
You have to remove any silicone ( Armor all) or wax from the dash for the kit to adhere properly.
I used a plastic safe stripper and a soft nail brush and then rinsed with water and finally a soft cloth with isopropyle alcohol .

Had to repeat this 3 times to pass the masking tape test
If a piece of masking tape doesn't stick firmly after the cleaning I had to repeat the cleaning steps again.

Here is a note I sent to the supplier after the install.

I am pleased with the look and have managed to fit every thing with a little trimming.
I thought you might want some feed back in case you want to refine your fitting.
So I'm bringing to your attention a few fitting problems.

The Front door latched trims (both Left & Right) Interfere with the action of the pull lever. They need to be trimmed more like the rear door latch trim to clear when the handle is pulled in the full open position.

The Glove box latch release handle trim could be a little less taller, it also interferes with the action when in the fully up ( Release position)

The Front Air Vent trims (The Round ones ) that mount on the swivel vent , could be little smaller in diameter - again they interfere with the swiveling of the vent.

Hope this is of some help to you.
------------
One thing I forgot to mention - is that on the front panel under the preset channel toggle there is a square cut out - I think it is for the SE Model

They included some steering wheel dressing that is for the SE model - I managed to adapt some pieces ( The Mitsubishi Emblem) and use some others on my aftermarket arm rest.

I have a question about your installation; How did you trim the pieces that blocked movement? Exact-o knife? Scissors?

Dyndi said:
I have a question about your installation; How did you trim the pieces that blocked movement? Exact-o knife? Scissors?

Exacto knife before removing the backing on a cutting board

Update the trim kit has held up very well through the extremely cold winter -looks like new. Let's see how it does in the heat.

One thing I should mention...
I did order & use their Professional Installation Adhesion Promoter Pen.

It makes sure that very thin and/or vertically installed pieces don't come loose -
extra adhesion assurance.

Back