pvc pipe hood support

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GdB

maybe I need to rtfm but I could not find the hood support.
So I made one out of super thin pvc 1/2" pvc pipe

Now I can check the brake fluid easy!

It's near the hinge on the right side, as you stand facing the car. It's the 90 degree bent silver 'arm' just to the right of the brake fluid reservoir cap. Unclip it and it goes in the hole on the bottom of the hinge

Don

That sounds too easy to find! I'll look again, but I think mine is missing.

Yep, the tiny prop rod is so inconspicuous that mine has been bent twice at car shows when some boob disobeys the rules and not only touches my car, but tries to close the hood! :roll:

jray3 said:
Yep, the tiny prop rod is so inconspicuous that mine has been bent twice at car shows when some boob disobeys the rules and not only touches my car, but tries to close the hood! :roll:
How hard do you have to push on the hood, first to realize it's propped open, but to bend the rod?

PV1 said:
How hard do you have to push on the hood, first to realize it's propped open, but to bend the rod?
Not very hard- you should try it sometime. ;-)
There's so much flex that it could be mistaken for the resistance of a little gas-charged strut.

Green car shows can masochistic, in that we invite the masses to sit in our personal cars, so then it goes beyond turning knobs and slamming doors, they tend to bump into open charge port doors, push down on propped- open hoods and hatches, etc...

But, I keep going back and keep winning converts..... :mrgreen:

thanx for info.
You know it is a easier way to hold the hood open?
2014-11-17_21-01-57.jpg

Back