Passenger compartment grommets

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsantala

I know of one grommet which one can use to fit extra cables in out of the passenger compartment. It's the one below the center console and quite easily visible from under the car in front of the electric heater.

However, mine is already pretty full with the original wiring, 12V aux battery cable which I needed to move the battery inside and the control cabling for the ethanol heater I have installed. I'd need to get thru one more rather big, like half an inch, Calix heating kit electric cable for the cabin heater.

Does anyone know of a unused grommet somewhere in the underside of the car or one that would have space for a thick cable? It can also be in the very rear of the car, since that's where I have the heater now, waiting for the proper cabling.

So no one is aware of any other passthrus to/from the passenger area that could be used to get another big cable thru from the outside of the car to the inside?

Back