Miev Herd "Range Camping" Road Trip 2013

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandange

Discussion were active on another posting "Ontario and Quebec develop EV network charging" for a possible campground gathering for interested I Mieve owners, for summer 2013.

These discussions were with Mievers located close to the Quebec, Ontario, St Laurence ,sea way.

Any other groups interested to organize this kind of event can start their own new Posting to focus on their local catch area.

This could be just a good old camping weekend where we could meet and share some experiences on a light social note, nothing formal.

The Event
If the event was a 3 day weekend, this would probably make up of
1 day of travel to the destination
A social - overnight, full day and another overnight at the campground,
1 final days travel home

We would have to consider ...
Possible central location between interested Mievers
Distance our I Miev is able to travel in a full day?
Possible charging locations on route.

Please share your thoughts

Mievers interested, please chime in here & share your location. (Zip, Postal Codes)
this can help plot maps distances & driving directions (Goggle maps)

How far do you think our I Miev could travel in on day if there are Level 2 charging stations available?

Possible dates?

Looking forward to it. I see this as a whole new level of adventure for the EV. One, seeing how far you can go before calling it a day and finding a campground, rv park or other suitable charging location. If need be, begging a farmer to let you camp in their fields while your car charges at their barn. Anything could go on something like this. May even have to call road service if else fails. Secondly, planning the route and finding locations along the way before heading out.

I calculate 2 people loaded down with camping gear.
the most we could do with the Miev in 1 day

My guestimate would be 175 miles - (280 KM)

Assuming we find level 2 charging at the critical location on route

Our Postal code is J0R 1B0
Using Goggle maps, avoiding highways.

This could get me just short of Gananokque Ont

I could spend overnight at our sons home the night before and gain 60 km,
This way I could possibly reach Kingston, Ontario area

Back