Admin: Forum Software Upgrade

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imiev

Hi Everyone!

It's been a long time coming, but in the next week or so we're finally going to be upgrading the forum software.
There are a few reasons for doing this, the biggest of course is security. The current software is out of date and more susceptible to hacking. The new software will also increase the site speed and be mobile friendly.

We'll carefully back everything up before performing the upgrade, but the site will be down for approximately 30-60 minutes.

The new software will be the same as what is running on the MyNissanLeaf.com forum.

Thanks!
Mike

Thanks for the heads up.

One question about the new software. Is there something on each post to show which ones are unread? Currently on this forum, the small page icon next to the post datestamp is orange for unread posts and white for read posts. I find that a very useful feature.

PV1 said:
Thanks for the heads up.

One question about the new software. Is there something on each post to show which ones are unread? Currently on this forum, the small page icon next to the post datestamp is orange for unread posts and white for read posts. I find that a very useful feature.

Yes, sort of. Instead of a small icon, the whole post as a slight red border to it.

Just checked a feature at the updated Leaf forum. I like it when external links automagically open in a new tab. Today, at myimiev, I have to do the "open in new tab" manually. Hopefully this will be default after the upgrade? :)

PS! Is it possible turning off this feature which turn every other EV-related word like "volt", "leaf", "tesla", "evse" and so on in absurdum? At least do I find it a bit annoying while reading. :roll:

I see we got the new format.

This will take some getting used to.

For our members, here's a writeup on some common features I did a few months ago:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvjpy1pxdebh1d0/Tutorial.pdf?dl=0

I just noticed something, as well as the red post border (which is very thin and hard to see), the date on the post also turns a shade of red for unread posts. It is black for read posts.

Back