Can Ion Diagnostic message reader

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazeg

I'm running canOn131 using an ODBII Bluetooth (ELM327 Vgate Scan Advanced OBD2 Bluetooth Code Reader) unit plugged into the ODB socket. It seems to be updating the btcan.db in sdcard/bt_can as the times on the file vary according to time we try it. No valid data is showing on the screen, and "random values only" is overwriting the graph showing under Battery Status & Battery Temp - rest are blank apart from Altitude and Trip Viewer.

Bluetooth is pairing successfully, though it needs to be unpaired, unplugged and re-plugged/paired regularly to keep it showing as connected.

ODB2 reader unit has been recommended by a friend.

Suspect I am failing to do something very basic, like getting the Android box (Samsung Note GT-N8010, using Android 4.1.2) to kick the ODB2

Help...

Grazeg said:
I'm running canOn131 using an ODBII Bluetooth (ELM327 Vgate Scan Advanced OBD2 Bluetooth Code Reader) unit plugged into the ODB socket...
You need to use a higher fidelity bluetooth--the ELM327 is not up to the task.

Recommended OBD-II Bluetooth-Adapter:
OBDLink LX Bluetooth or OBDLink MX Bluetooth from scantool.net or STN1170 OBD-II Adapter from ahdesign.us equivalent or better

The problem is the OBD-II interface, the cheap ELM327 on Ebay don't work, you must go to OBDLink LX or MX (scantools.net) or STN1110/STN1170 OBD-II Adapter (batman.homelinux.com)

Back