Admin: Posting Pictures on this Forum

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don said:
Might be wrong, but that's where my comfort level is. Not having photos here Is not a major 'issue' for me . . . . it's just a bit frustrating that the forum doesn't host them Don

Become a gold member for $30 per year and the forum will host them :roll:

Plus you get your name in tacky red letters too, Just an added incentive :?

The biggest issue without forum hosting of photos is that members come and go and so do their "free" image accounts on third party servers. Images disappear regularly on forums structured this way. Just imagine the Charger/dc to dc troubleshooting tread with no photos or schematics :shock: (on this forum it is only a matter of time!!)

Aerowhatt

Aerowhatt said:
Don said:
Might be wrong, but that's where my comfort level is. Not having photos here Is not a major 'issue' for me . . . . it's just a bit frustrating that the forum doesn't host them Don

Become a gold member for $30 per year and the forum will host them :roll:
As part of the moderating crew on 3 other forums over the years (more than 25,000 posts in 8 years at Miata.net as an example) the upgraded membership was about the only free 'perk' for the hundreds of hours of work the moderators put in every year. Here, that doesn't seem to be worth the $30 to them, so it's not something I'm interested in paying

Don

With the dramatically-different software introduced on 18 December 2023 we can now post our images directly in very many formats. TechAdmin recommended 800Wx600H with a maximum file size of 10240kb and said the following formats are supported:
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif
TechAdmin also mentioned that .zip is also supported, but that's a compressed file of whatever formats are within it.
Here's what a 72dpi jpeg looks like (the thumbnail is truncated - need to click on the image to see the whole thing, but you also need to be logged in):

Attachments

• IMG_0769ThreeiMiEVs800Wx600H.jpeg
    IMG_0769ThreeiMiEVs800Wx600H.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 1
Back