I Saw a Nissan Leaf 2018

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

I saw a Nissan Leaf 2018 driving in Johns Creek, GA.

I wonder if the dealer was test driving it or a new owner?

I wish that the new Leaf had a greater range, but it has other excellent, new features.

I wonder what the new range will be for the car in 2019?

Aaron

A 200 mile range is decent. It will probably perform better than the EPA estimated range also.

Some drivers of the Bolt have gotten about 300 miles of range.

I test drove the Bolt and it's great!
I want to test drive the be Leaf and a Tesla.

The design of the new Leaf reminds me very much of the current Honda Fit/Jazz - especially from the rear looking down the car. In fact, when I think about what the Euro Civic used to look like a few generations ago, it could easily be a new Civic, where the real new Civic has become less of a hatchback, and more of a slightly smaller Accord...

As we use the Imiev as a second car (though it does most of our journeys actually), the issue I still have with any sort of 300 mile range aspiration, is that even 300 miles will not fix the charging infrastructure issue - and therefore an ICE is still needed as a back up based on the assurance that fuel will be there when needed. So, until the charging infrastructure is more or less on parity with gas stations, EVs will probably be a number 2 car for most, and that reduces the total range requirement significantly... I would have thought.

Back