Tesla Roadster

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

Staff member
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek:

2.5 years ago, as a graduation gift, I was able to take a ride in a Tesla Roadster. This would be the first Tesla Vehicle I have ever seen in person. Since that day, I have seen two other Tesla Roadsters and countless Model S.

Today, I got to drive that Roadster. Not only is this particular Roadster the first Tesla I've seen and gotten a ride in, it is now the first Tesla vehicle I have ever driven.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw17jrjvbjxfoej/AAC1hp14KlLKzse7TR-cMxzEa?dl=0

My friend filmed a commercial for his solar/eBike business and rallied a few EVs for show. Bear was one of them, along with my friend's leased LEAF, another friend's Volt, and the Roadster. I borrowed an ICE Honda Accord for the time being. I dropped it off and got to drive the Roadster back to the owner's house. I must say, that was an amazing experience, and what a way to compare EV vs. ICE.

Much like the BMW i3 I drove a while back, it is one-pedal driving, with only friction brakes on the brake pedal. However, there is a difference. The Roadster has the creep mode in Reverse, and will slightly power forward after the brake pedal has been pressed. But for an EV, the Roadster is noisy with all of its pumps and fans.

Unlike the i-MiEV, all power on tap is available at pretty much any speed and the accelerator is very quick to dish it out. 50 kW, which is full throttle in the i-MiEV, is barely 25% of the throttle.

Anybody else fortunate enough to drive one of these beauties?

Back