Kia Soul EV commercial

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

Staff member
Just saw this air on CBS during NCIS. Obviously they didn't play the whole thing, but it was still effective.

I spy two charging caps, so it looks like it has CHAdeMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYWHsOeDf3M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yep, it has CHAdeMO and not a Frankenplug. I hope it makes it as another viable EV. It looks like it is going to be initially a "compliance" car with sales limited to California, Oregon and some of the eastern CA emission states. This and car's like the spark interest me but I will not put any money down on a compliance car and will only deal with a company that sells nationwide. The "charging infrastructure" isn't ready except in those states doesn't cut it with me. I also hope they can hold the price point against the LEAF. The range is only slightly better then the current LEAF and with a new model coming from Nissan on the heals of the Soul rollout they might be in a fight for their lives. You just have to remember what happened to Mitsubishi after the LEAF hit the market before they could get the I-MiEV out.

Great video. Very cleaver. My daughter told me about this last night at dinner.
Unfortunately, this car will have limited distribution on the west and east coasts only.
Can you say, "Compliance car".
Too bad, the specs look good.
Rats, one less car to choose from when my lease expires in February.

Silver, 2012 ES with QC.
Over 13,500 electron fueled miles so far.

Back