Tesla Gets the Saleen Treatment

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don

. . . and all for just $150K! ;-)

http://t.autos.msn.com/shows/pebble-beach/saleen-customized-tesla-revealed

Don

Interesting, don't think I've seen any electric cars or any car chargers at the local race tracks here though, despite the Tesla roadster having been out for several years now. Though maybe a car like this would be more at home at the drag strip.

melloyello said:
Interesting, don't think I've seen any electric cars or any car chargers at the local race tracks here though, despite the Tesla roadster having been out for several years now. Though maybe a car like this would be more at home at the drag strip.
Unmodified Tesla Model S's are frequent drag strip contestants as shown in videos at InsideEVs. With their massive, instant torque and no transmission, they do quite well despite their massive weight.

The first race of the Formula E series for electric race cars is about to occur, so there will be more electric vehicles on races tracks.

One obvious limitation for racing EV's is range. Another that apparently plagues the Tesla roadster and Model S is insufficient cooling in either the drive motor or battery pack which results in the motor's power being automatically limited to prevent overheating. Obviously, this isn't ideal for racing, but then Tesla didn't design either for racing.

Back