Go to advanced search

by Gorfllub
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:26 pm
Forum: General Technical Discussions
Topic: What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?
Replies: 7
Views: 1418

Re: What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?

The potential error code is my concern. Although I guess, not really if it doesn't shut down some systems. My "check engine" light Is already on from a 12v battery replacement, so at this point I wouldn't even notice. Using extra power is A-ok as I pretty much only charge at work on their ...
by Gorfllub
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:04 pm
Forum: General Technical Discussions
Topic: What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?
Replies: 7
Views: 1418

Re: What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?

i don't know what controls the shut off, but the EVSE turns off the AC to the charger when the pack is full. One of the pins changes resistance which tells the evse to disconnect the AC power. I just want to make sure that if there is voltage on the AC inputs when the car doesn't want it, there wil...
by Gorfllub
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:51 pm
Forum: Modifications & Accessories
Topic: Viper remote start successfully installed.
Replies: 4
Views: 1325

Re: Viper remote start successfully installed.

Low voltage start has been available in the higher end viper (and other Directed brands) for probably 10-15 years or more. It's just one of those things that 98% of people wouldn't really need. And the other 2% that need it don't know it exists because sales people are often terrible. You can also d...
by Gorfllub
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:08 pm
Forum: General Technical Discussions
Topic: What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?
Replies: 7
Views: 1418

Re: What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?

Awesome. That's pretty much what I needed to know. The first device will likely be a marine style on-board 12v charger for the isolated system I plan on installing. I found some "world wide" versions that work on almost anything from sub 100v to 250 AC 50 or 60 hz. So theoretically it shou...
by Gorfllub
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:59 pm
Forum: Modifications & Accessories
Topic: Viper remote start successfully installed.
Replies: 4
Views: 1325

Re: Viper remote start successfully installed.

Hmmm.


The Viper actually has a low voltage start mode with programmable set point. So it could be set that when voltage of the 12v system drops too low, it will put the car in Ready for a pre-programmed amount of time. Assuming the car isn't plugged in.
by Gorfllub
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 pm
Forum: General Technical Discussions
Topic: What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?
Replies: 7
Views: 1418

What will happen if we "force" AC down the charging port?

So..... From what I understand, the EVSE is turned on by the car by a resistance (voltage) . Basically the car tells the EVSE when to open/close the relay contained withing to let the AC flow. What would happen if the EVSE didn't shut off when the car requested it to do so? Would the car not really ...
by Gorfllub
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:45 pm
Forum: Modifications & Accessories
Topic: Viper remote start successfully installed.
Replies: 4
Views: 1325

Viper remote start successfully installed.

Installed a Viper alarm/start combo into my '12 today. Works fine and dandy. Of course by remote start, I mean "ready" mode. So if you want to turn on heat or AC without being plugged into the charger, it can be done. Of course it will suck battery juice like madness! Also have smart start...
by Gorfllub
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:26 pm
Forum: Modifications & Accessories
Topic: Ha! I just made a coast/neutral button!
Replies: 27
Views: 4372

Re: Ha! I just made a coast/neutral button!

I spent some time aggressively driving. 137kmh on the speedo. Lol. But I was checking this regen-to-coast concern, and I am not concerned in the slightest. From a max-regen at 75kmh to coast, I felt the transition was extremely smooth and controlled. To me it seems like the car knows what's going on...
by Gorfllub
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am
Forum: Modifications & Accessories
Topic: Ha! I just made a coast/neutral button!
Replies: 27
Views: 4372

Re: Ha! I just made a coast/neutral button!

Well, JAE never made the single socket for the 28p. They did make a dual though. For that plug and a 20 pin at the same time though. That's better than 100+ pins.

Could probably just cut the 20p off.

Found a couple of places that may actually have stock! We will see if they even reply.
by Gorfllub
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:29 am
Forum: Modifications & Accessories
Topic: Ha! I just made a coast/neutral button!
Replies: 27
Views: 4372

Re: Ha! I just made a coast/neutral button!

The plug itself is discontinued from the original manufacturer. But there are indeed a few kicking around here and there. Now to find the PCB side but with only the plug I need and not all of them.

Go to advanced search